Thursday, September 25, 2008

It's Easy

It was the first time that I set out on my own,
thought I'd make my mark.
Now I'm wishing I were safely back at home,
I'm groping in the dark.

Time...heals everything.
Time...it's the cure.

It's easy smiling when things have gone my way.
It's easy speaking when there's nothing more to say.
It's easy loving you after love has gone away
otherwise it's hard.

I thought I'd prove I need nobody else,
I found out I was wrong.
No man's an island, no man's made of stone;
I know I'm not that strong.

Time...heals everything.
Time...it's the cure.
Time...softens every rough edge.
Time...it's for sure.

Chorus

It was the last time that I set out on my own
and leave my friends behind.
I've got no use for a heart that's made of stone;
the struggle's in my mind.

Time...


©Lawrence App

Song performed by:
LApp: vocals, bass, acoustic guitar, percussion
Eric Mason: drums
Pete Winders: guitars
Ray Guiser: EWI
Tomás Orta: congas, Brazilian percussion

No comments: