Sunday, August 3, 2008

Cold Outside

The bitter sound of wind through the leafless trees
On the ground, sparrows huddled up against the freeze
I drift away like snow up the side of the hill
Remember days we had flowers on the window sill.

Do you think that I’m crazy
when I tell you there’s fire that’s frozen inside.

The cold wind blows, cuts me right to the bone.
No one knows how my heart is tired of bring alone.
You light the flame that brings the spark back to life
and call my name in this dark and endless winter’s night.

Do you think that I love you?
Well, I tell you the words must be frozen inside.

The bitter sound of limbs breaking through the ice.
Greys and browns tangled on the frosted window glass.
Trapped inside with loneliness as my friend.
Can’t decide to open up the door and let you in.

Do you think that I need you?
Well, I tell you my love must be frozen inside.

©1972 LApp

No comments: