Thursday, September 25, 2008

Tell The Truth

You said you wouldn't be too late--needed to take a walk and think things over.
We just can't agree--every time we talk I end up hurt and confused.
You look far away--I can't help thinking of the comfort I might find in another.

Love's not a game--even though sometimes I win, usually I lose.
You try to put the blame on me
when you're the one who worries about being free

Tell the truth--my sweet mama
Tell the truth--are you leaving soon
Tell the truth--you won't say it but I can feel it across the room

Tell the truth--baby, baby
Tell the truth--don't say that its no use
Tell the truth--let's talk things over
pretty mama please tell the truth.

We said we couldn't carry on--needed some space to see who would decide
who'll give in first--blaming each other just looking for an excuse
to go our own ways--even though commitment's not a matter of taking sides

We let fear and pride--put us in a place neither one of us would choose
I beg you, tell it to me straight:
are we going on or is it just too late?

Chorus

You won't tell me was it something that I said
You can't convince me that it's all just in my head
Tell the truth. . .


©Lawrence App

Song performed by:

LApp: vocals, bass, congas, programming
Eric Mason: drums, vocal
Pete Winders: guitars, vocal
Ray Guiser: sax
Pete Waidelich: trumpet
Cat Benson: vocal

No comments: