Saturday, November 29, 2008

Dreaming

Every day it's the same old thing:
a struggle just to walk out my front door.
Every day leaves me wondering
what I'm really working so hard for.

If there is a reason
and a time for every season
why is the picture so obscure?

Every time I fail
when I try to pierce the veil.
Illusion is secure.

Everything is it's own reward:
posessions are like props upon a stage.
Everything winds up so absurd:
the show must go on just to earn a wage.

I work my life away
and I still can't seem to pay
the price exacted for some peace of mind.

When my life is through
and the payment's overdue,
gonna leave it all behind.

Everybody that I have known
when I look into their eyes they mirror me.
Everybody winds up all alone
left to reconcile with destiny.

I tried to find salvation
in the church, the state, and nation;
the promised land is just a fantasy.

My days go slipping by
while I stare into the sky--
verge of insanity...

Every day brings a brand new thing:
I draw the blinds, turn off the morning news.
Every day leaves me wondering
if freedom means there's nothing left to lose.

My mind is running wild
like a hyperactive child.
The burden of this freedom is a scream.

Am I really free?
Oh, my thoughts won't let me.
Am I awake or am I dreaming?

Everyday I'm dreaming.
Everyday is just like dreaming.

LApp: vocals, acoustic guitar
Eric Mason: drums
Scott Rademacher: soprano sax
Dan Walters: fretless bass
Jonathan May: cello

No comments: