Saturday, November 29, 2008

Lindsey

Feels just like the first time that I ever fell in love;
I never will forget the day she came.
Someone so small has caused everything to change.
My friends said things will never be the same.

I found my life illumined in a different shade of light.
Her little voice is like a song to me.
She smiles as if we'd known each other somewhere long ago.
I always knew her name would have to be

Lindsey, like flowing water
Lindsey, she's my daughter
Lindsey, I love her.
Lindsey.

Then before I knew it she had gone out on her own,
I never thought the day would come so fast.
I trust our love is stronger than the turning in the world.
I know I can't keep living in the past.

The more we grow apart I see how much we are the same.
When I look at you I look at me.
I wish that I could hold you close like when you were a child
and still pretend we are a family.

Lindsey, you know I miss her.
Lindsey, I long to kiss her.
Lindsey, know I love her.
Lindsey.

Things I hold so near and the ones I love so dear,
one by one I've had to let 'em go.
But save this time together before life goes moving on
because we're all God's children here below.

And when I see you eye to eye I know we'll meet again
like the rivers flowing to the sea.
If absence makes the heart grow fonder it doesn't stop the pain but
because my love is strong I set you free.

Lindsey, yes I love her.
Lindsey, like no other.
Lindsey, yes I miss her.
Lindsey.

LApp: vocals, acoustic guitar, congas, asiko, dumbeq, steel drums

No comments: