Saturday, November 29, 2008

Like Sunshine

I feel the world slipping off my shoulders,
an open road lies out ahead.
I know that the days are getting longer.
The buzzing song of summer fills my head.

It's like every voice I hear is
singing like sunshine.
I feel your warmth shining on my face.
A wordless smile says everything's okay.

When it seems that darkness has filled this place
you 'll know in time it's best to walk away.
I turn my ear to the sky, it's
singing like sunshine.

Like sunshine--hear it in the children's laughter.
Like sunshine--or lose it in the moment after.
Like sunshine--dressed up in red, green, and gold.
Like sunshine--something kind of spiritual like sunshine.

It's like the feeling I once had for my mother
or a friend I haven't seen in years--
a love so deep I can't repeat its name.
The prodigal's face reappears.
All at once I recognize the
singing of sunshine.

Chorus

Sometimes when your memory fades away
and darkness fills my thoughts like a dozen rainy days.
Feels like I'll always be alone but
if I made it this far I'm gonna find my way home.

Hey, sunshine
I haven't seen you in a long time.
Why won't you chase the shadows from my mind.
Though I can't make you stay
I know just for today I'll be
singing like sunshine.

Like sunshine--hear it in the children's laughter
Like sunshine--or lose it in the moment after.
Like sunshine--dressed up in red green and gold.
Like sunshine--looking so beautiful.
Like sunshine--she's so spiritual like sunshine.

LApp: vocals, acoustic guitar, bass, keys
Eric Mason: drums
Scott Rademacher: soprano sax
Jonathan May: cello
Chuck Stites: violin, viola

No comments: