Saturday, November 29, 2008

Long Gone

It was like a dream: vapor rising from the ground.
Cleared my eyes to see, nobody else around.
Then I saw you: that’s all it took to believe that
holding close was fun for both of us.
When you say you love me I can't help but wonder why.

I'll see you in another place and time.
It's not a lie to say I need you
but you wouldn't have it; love beyond a habit--it's passion's crime.

I leave you but come back yet another time.
It's hard work, the games you play
you draw me near and then push me away.

Expect me to go on.
I reach out but you're long gone.

Comes into my sleep like someone knocking at my door.
I turn and close my eyes, this yearning that I can't ignore.

Hooked on you and I can't turn myself away.
It's not a lie to say I need you
but you woudn't have it; love beyond a habit--it's passion's crime.
I leave you but we'll start another time.

Chorus
Solo

It's hard work, the games we play
you draw me near and then push me away.
It's too much to go on.
You reach out but I'm long gone.

Fading like the day, memories of loving you.
I think I'll get away; can't admit that we are through.
Through with you, I can't believe,
through with you.
Maybe just today I'll be long gone.

LApp: guitars, vocals, fretless bass
Peter Miles: drums

No comments: